Friday, September 3, 2010

Starting the Month Right

It's always been like this year in, year out.

Whenever the month of September comes, we all start hearing Christmas songs on the radio or in the malls; the decorations for the Yuletide season also start to come out on flea markets and in the mall stores as well.

But for this year I wanted it to be different.

I wanted to be productive. I wanted to make sure that my productivity level was upped one more notch and I would have something to show for this Holiday season. The productivity that I am referring to is the release of my my debut album; a project that has taken too long in the making; too long in the planning and in the wanting.

Ever since I discovered that I could sing, going at it professionally was always something that I wanted to do. Growing up and listening to homegrown O.P.M. artists like Martin Nievera, Gary V, Janno Gibbs, Kyla, Jay R and see their careers flourish, I so wanted a piece of the pie. But alas, my family didn't see it that way; saying that one cannot live on music alone.

And so for years the desire took a backseat with only me nurturing the desire; feeding it and willing it to grow while honing my craft; on my own.

Fast forward several years after and here I am working at radio and have just released my album online via Mp3 downloads withe the physical album release to follow within the month. I must have done something good at last to get to this point.


Everything changed for me when Dad passed away in 2007; the world stopped and became a smaller place and everything that I thought was important wasn't and all those that I kept shelving had to be on the front seat and take precedence.

I so wanted Dad to have been around to listen to the album. But since he isn't here anymore, I hope that by doing this; living my life as best as I can and living my life to the fullest, would be the gift that I could give back in payment for the life that he has given me. I owe him much and for this I will always be thankful.

I've arranged for the album to be initially available via CDBaby for downloads so that I maximize the time I have while waiting for the physical cd to be released to the market via my own record label, GreenHorn Records.

And just as I posted my album and finalized everything online 2 days ago on the first of the month, there already was a download made for my album.

It was the best surprise of the day for me.

And today a high school batchmate saw me on I-tunes and said that he will be buying the album and alerting the rest of the batch to do the same.

It's support like this that make my day and make everything worthwhile. And I hope that more awareness building like this for my album manifests and translates into more sales for me.

We artists love the support our listening public gives us. We love it when you say that you can relate to the songs that we write. We love it when you say that our songs made you stop, think, reflect and prod you to do something positive about the things in your life.


But the best reward you can give an artist is when you go out of your way to get their work. And then tell them how you love it.

And we will be eternally grateful and love ya back :)

So make this artist happy, download and get your copy here.

Before anyone else does. :)

Thanks in advance. May you in turn be always be happy and blessed!

Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment